Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Painting

In just under a week I have painted two battalions of Danish infantry, one of Foot Guards and one of line. It is some time since I painted 10mm 19th century troops and I had forgotten how finicky they are: facings, collar patches, turn-backs, cross-belts, cockades, pom-poms. I need a pair of magnifying lunettes attached to my reading glasses and a very strong halogen light to even see the detail plus excellent brushes and a very steady hand. The results are not quite ready to be photographed as I have to work on the bases on which the miniatures are mounted but once that is done you can have a gander. I have to exercise real patience here as the desire to complete the lot ASAP is strong; after all, they are to be played with on the eponymous kitchen table. However, I really do want these chaps to look their splendid best so I will be going slowly and carefully with the paintwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment